In this article, you will find 7 IMPORTANT STEPS to rank a website on Google in 2023 and not die trying.
With this short step-by-step guide, you will grasp the basic processes to optimize your blog content and how to enhance them in order to quickly position yourself.
1. Identify ZOMBIE PAGES.
The first thing you should do to rank a webpage on Google in 2023 is to identify and clean up any content on your website that doesn’t provide any value.
If you want to know what content is indexed in Google and you have no idea what to do, then enter site:tupaginaweb.com in the Google search box. There you will see what is indexed from your site, allowing you to identify any undead content on your website.
Zombie content on your website:
- Tags, Categories, taxonomies in the case of WordPress that have no content.
- Old indexed posts that are out of context or outdated.
- Shop products with zero sales.
- Thin content – low-quality content
- Duplicate content
- Content not relevant to my objectives (Terms and conditions, policies, contact us).
2. Correct Onpage SEO errors on the website.
There is a large number of development and implementation errors that occur when creating a website, most of which are related to the default installations of many content management systems that help us save time and development costs.
Also, these errors are generated because when developing our website, we did not conduct a keyword study and did not define a content architecture according to our market niche.
Common SEO Mistakes
- Duplicate meta titles
- Duplicate meta descriptions
- Broken links
- Images without ALT text
- Pages with 404 errors
- Pages blocked by robots.txt
- 302 redirects that could be 301 redirects.
- Unnecessary canonicals.
3. SEO On-page Content Optimizations
- Consistency in Keyword and Content.
- Shorter URLs.
- Keyword at the top of the page.
- Content optimization with opportunity keywords.
- Write valuable and readable content for people.
- UX, Mobile navigation within content.
4. Organically boost the CTR (Click-Through Rate).
What is the CTR?
Click Through Rate (CTR): It is a ratio that shows how often people who view the ad click on it. Click Through Rate (CTR) can be used to measure the performance of your ads and keywords. Clics ÷ impressions= CTR.
To optimize your CTR, you must take into account:
- Apply rich formats.
- Remove dates.
- Modify dates.
- Use emojis or ASCII characters in titles and meta descriptions.
- Study and optimize the titles (with Search Console).
- Take care of the copy of your titles.
5. Improve the dwell time
What is the dwell time?
Dwell Time, is a term used to measure the amount of time a user spends on a specific web page accessed through the SERPs, which are the Google search results.
6. Improve website loading times
For positioning of your website on Google in this 2023, you will have to take into account the loading speed of it.
It is no secret that in recent years, searches through mobile devices have increased, so the loading time of your website is important in order not to lose a potential customer when they click on Google search results.
It is also important to highlight that we live in times where time is of the essence, we are very rushed and in need of information as quickly as possible. For Google, the minimum loading time is 2.7 seconds.
- Use’s Page Speed Insight.
- Use Gtmetrix.
- Slow loading times are usually an issue of architecture and development.
- Execute process to minify CSS, JS, and gzip for the site.
- Optimize images to the maximum.
- 2.5 seconds is the optimal loading time for Google.
7. Find the best content for a niche and make it better.
Take the most popular content in the industry and make it better!
This technique is known as the skyscraper technique. The idea is to identify the top-performing content in your niche or target market and create content with the same theme but much better optimization.
For this, you’ll need to have on hand:
- Benchmark with KW Research.
- Analyze content with density, titles, h, description… (SEO Quake).
- Write a better content focused on providing value and readability.
- Generate dynamic interactions with the reader.
Finally, the most important thing is to seek proper advice from a trusted SEO expert with proven experience in website and brand positioning on Google.
If you want to learn more about improving the SEO positioning of your brand in search engines, check out my SEO agency for Latin America.